My NKOTBSB adventure comes to a glorious end… Part 1

Well, this summer has been amazing. No, it’s only the end of July so it’s not really the end of the summer yet, but for me, the summer might as well be over, despite the insanely hot temperatures here in N.C. that we’re still experiencing. But for me, and my broke bank account, it’s pretty much over. No more NKOTB shows or adventures. I have to say, from the cruise in May to the Greensboro show this past Saturday, it has been the best summer of my life. I’m sad for the adventures to end, but at the same time, I really do need to take a break for a while and regroup… and let my bank account breathe. Lol.

Let me just start this out by saying that although the St. Louis and especially Greensboro shows were amazing, we didn’t get to meet any of the guys again. So Nashville was my one and only chance this year (so far) and I guess that’s all right because it was so incredibly AWESOME (see my previous blogs for details).

Up until the week before, we really weren’t sure if we were going to the St. Louis show or not… by “we,” I mean me and my twin sister Amy (@twisted_writer). See, Amy has two kids that live with their dad in Missouri part of the time (in addition to the 4-year-old Adeline, who lives with us) and he waited until the very last minute to let us know for sure when we could come get them to stay with us for part of the summer. We had planned to go to the Kansas City NKOTBSB show but it turned out that the St. Louis show would work better for the kids’ schedules with their summer 4-H activities.

Amy and I debated for a while whether to get nosebleeds or try to get pretty good seats. Finally, Amy found 5 seats in section 117, row H. We again debated and asked Adeline where she wanted to sit for the concert…. she’s 4, she had no idea what we’d been talking about but she pointed to 117 so we decided it was meant to be. πŸ˜‰ We got those tickets and then Saturday, July 16, we headed for Missouri. We actually got to Missouri that night but stayed in a hotel a few hours from the kids’ house so they could have one last night with their dad for a while. On Sunday, we picked them up and went to the pool in the nearby town of Brookfield and then we went to see Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part 2… AMAZING movie!!! I bawled. πŸ˜‰ The next day, we got poster-making supplies and the kids and I made posters. Here is me in my goofy glasses that I bought simply to make the kids laugh. πŸ˜‰

Even Adeline made a sign and that was great. πŸ™‚ It was a fun project to do with them and they really got into it!! I wish I had taken pics of the kids with their signs before they got messed up. 😦

Also that night, Jordan was on George Lopez Tonight. πŸ˜€ Wooooo!!!! That’s all I gotta say about that. πŸ˜‰ On Tuesday, we left around 11 a.m. to head to St. Louis, and I think we got there around 3:30-ish. It was HOT. I mean, I’m from southeastern North Carolina. I know all about heat and humidity but this was like, ridiculous. We were gonna walk to the Arch, which was a few blocks away, but we went about a block and a half and said “screw this!” We were pouring sweat and it was just too much. We went back to the car in the parking garage and sat there with the AC on. Sad but true. It would’ve been nice to see more of St. Louis but it was just too frickin’ HOT!!!!! We did bus stalk for a little bit but there were only 2-3 other people out there and pretty soon it was just us and the kids. That’s how hot it was. Seriously, people!!! Here’s a pic of me and my nephew Seth in the car before the show…. a little stir crazy maybe????? πŸ˜‰

Finally, after what felt like half a day, it was time for the doors to open and we found our seats. They were pretty good! Elevated so the kids could see but still fairly close. One of the highlights of the show for me was when the opening act, Midnight Red, came on and immediately Adeline and Kirsten were jumping up and down, screaming, applauding… they’re true Blockheads! πŸ˜€ It was also very cool to be there when all three of them experienced their first concert. And what makes it even cooler was that NKOTB was also me and Amy’s first concert 20 years ago!!!

Jordan did see my sign at one point… I think it was the end of “Tonight” when they came to our side of the stage. But I think I was too far away for him to read what it said. I know he was looking at it though and he had this kind of confused smile on his face… like “I know that says Jordan but I can’t see the rest of it!” Heehee…

Danny also came into our section during “Tonight” and he was right by Seth, but Seth was too shy to shake his hand or say anything. Here’s a pic!

Most of my other pics are either blurry or fuzzy but here are a few of the good ones….

Okay, well, I’m exhausted still from these two trips & I’m going to bed…. never fear… my Greensboro story and better photos coming tomorrow night!!! (Lord willing….)


One thought on “My NKOTBSB adventure comes to a glorious end… Part 1

  1. I saw a weather forecast of the U.S. on the day you were in St.Louis and it said the temperature was 100-110 ゚F ! I’m glad you were OK. πŸ™‚
    Your story recalled my New Kids concerts in Japan while reading your blog. I was 17 then.
    I think your nephew and neices will never forget the day. πŸ™‚ And it’s a good thing to share the same experiences beyond generations.

    I’m looking forward to your next story, but you’d better have enough rest as you seem so tired. πŸ˜‰

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s