OK so my darling twin sister, affectionately known as wombie or wombmate if you’ve seen our tweets, tagged me for this blog, in which you’re supposed to share seven random facts about yourself. Sounds fun, right?
So, here we go. Randomness shall ensue. Hold on to your hats!
1. I love old school R&B music. By old school, I mean the music that was popular when I was in high school in the late 1980s and early ’90s. I realize that is ancient history for a lot of my friends, seeing as how a lot of you were babies in the ’90s! LOL. But I recently started listening to my Pandora station at work and it plays a lot of the stuff I really, really love and miss, like Maxwell, Boyz II Men, Keith Sweat, Jodeci, Silk (awww yeah!), Shai, etc. etc. And, of course, ain’t nobody can sing like Luther Vandross and Whitney Houston, God rest their uber-talented souls.
Some samples of my faves:
2. I’m a big fan of the paranormal, but you’ve gotta prove your experiences to me. After watching “Ghost Hunters” since it began, I’ve realized that 90% of “ghost stories” are probably explainable. It’s those that are unexplainable that really fascinate me. Not 100% sure that everything paranormal is a “ghost,” per se, but I do believe in life after death, and maybe there is even some other plane of existence we cannot understand. In fact, my latest manuscript is about a teenage medium. 😀
3. I’m obsessed with the Wilmington, NC area. I was born at New Hanover Regional Medical Center in Wilmington, and grew up 30 minutes from there. Maybe that’s why I love it so much. It has three nearby beaches, a beautiful historic downtown with the Cape Fear River and lots of quaint shops, the U.S.S. North Carolina Battleship from World War II, lots of amazing restaurants… I could go on forever. I lived there from 2004-2007 and gained a lot of weight. Lol! All of the books I write are set in Wilmington and/or Wrightsville Beach, because I just think it’s the perfect setting for any kind of novel. You’ve got the beach, you’ve got the riverfront for romantic date nights, it’s got it all!
4. I have an extremely goofy, slightly crazy side. When I date someone, I tease the hell out of them and usually, make up a nickname for them just to embarrass them. College boyfriend was Pookie; my last long-term boyfriend from 2008-2009 was Boowizzle; who knows what the next will be. I like to make people laugh. I’m very shy when I first meet people so I try to make them laugh to disarm them, I guess, and also to protect myself at the same time. It’s a defense mechanism, I suppose. 😉 And you should see the things I’ve said in the Off Beats chat room. SMH.
This is a writing critique group formed over Twitter in the past few months. Two of us now have agents (Yay Cat and Fiona!) and the rest of us are working hard, querying, writing, editing, rewriting, entering contests, making contacts, using all of Cat and Fiona’s knowledge to make our way. Agents have noticed our conversations on Twitter and I think it can only help us in the end. We will be a force to be reckoned with!!!
6. I’m a New Kids on the Block fan, and no, this doesn’t mean they are the only thing I care about, nor that I automatically love all boy bands. I’ve been a fan of these guys since 1988, and that’s a mighty long time. Jordan has been my favorite from the beginning and though we’ve had our ups and downs (he follows me on Twitter and we’ve had some spats. LOL), he’s still my “first love” in a way, and that’s a powerful thing. I know he’ll always hold a piece of my heart, even if I eventually marry someone again someday. Let’s face it, if I ever do get married, he’s going to have to be pretty spectacular and be able to handle my NKOTB love, and especially my “relationship” (if you could call it that) with Jordan. Anyhoo, just because, here’s my favorite pic of me and Jordan Knight! 😀
PS- After publishing this post and rereading it, I realize I sound slightly braggy and/or loony. Jordan probably doesn’t remember me anymore, and I realize that, but for a while there, he knew me when he saw me and yelled out “Abs!” in a room full of people, much to my embarrassment. But, he’s met tons of other fans since then and has probably forgotten me now. #EndDisclaimer 😉
7. Speaking of getting married again, I vow that I never will, but IF I do, I have thought about some things… heehee. First of all, I want it to be in the fall, and I would love for it to be on Wrightsville Beach. I’d love some kind of mesh between the beach and a fall theme. Or, maybe not Wrightsville Beach, maybe somewhere with trees that are all different colors. Also, a good excuse for a chocolate cake like this one!
And a kick-ass wedding dress like this!
Wedding dress (the tiara, not so much, but I LOVE the dress itself)
Not that I have thought much about it! 😉
So now I tag 3 more people, right? So I will tag:
Kyra Lennon (@KLennonWrites)
Karma Brown (@KarmasDogma)
Catherine Scully (@CatMScully)
All CPs!! Haha! You guys don’t have to do it, of course, but it was kind of fun. 🙂